Have you been hurt in an accident with a semi-truck, flatbed truck or trailer, cargo truck or other large truck? The attorneys at JACOBY & JACOBY, ESQS., have many years of combined experience helping people on Long Island New York who have been hurt in a car accident with a large truck. Usually when a large truck is in a car accident, the other auto involved is a car. For the driver of the car, there are typically more serious physical and legal problems than when the accident involves only cars. The attorneys at JACOBY & JACOBY, ESQS., are very knowledgeable about the important differences between large truck accidents and car accidents, and they are able to help you if you have been hurt in a car accident involving a large truck.
Here are some of the differences between large truck accident injury cases and car accident injury cases that an experience Long Island accident lawyer can help you with:
- There is a major difference in the size and weight of a large truck hitting a car than when two cars of similar size and weight crash. Legally, commercial trucks are permitted to weigh up to 80,000 pounds. These important differences in size and weight can end up with the car driver having more serious and long-lasting injuries than when the accident only involves two cars.
- Unlike personal cars, commercial trucks have a lot of State and Federal rules, including size and weight requirements and the different types of products and other materials being carried. If the truck wasn’t following these rules when the accident happened, then that can play an important role in the successful result of your injury case.
- Large truck accidents often include multiple people, including the truck driver, the owner of the truck a leasing company and the different insurance companies involved.
- Very specific kinds of information must be collected in order to get a successful result of a large truck accident claim, in order to get a successful result of a large truck accident claim including:
- The maintenance history of the truck
- The amount of sleep the driver had before operating the truck
- Whether the truck driver was speeding
- Whether the truck driver was under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- The size of the load being transported by the truck
- The dates and times on fuel receipts
- The truck driver’s log book
- Certain electronic data records by the truck’s onboard computer system
Here is what you can expect when you hire our attorneys to help you with your truck accident lawsuit, we will:
- Protect you from insurance companies who want to deny you the money
- Investigate your case to determine cause and liability
- Pursue damages for medical bills, lost wages, disability, pain and suffer and more
- Consult with experts to assess the true value of your injuries and case
- Devise a custom legal strategy to maximize your financial recovery
- Limit your liability if you share fault
- Aggressively pursue compensation through negotiations and, if necessary, litigation
Common truck accident injuries:
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue damage
- Internal injury
- Burn injuries
- Spinal cord injury
- Eye injury
- Chest injury
- Spine injury
- Traumatic brain injury
- Catastrophic injury
- Wrongful death
If you are in a large truck accident, always call 911 first to get immediate attention and to tell the police about the accident. Having a police report to publically show the accident is important for your personal injury case. Once the police have done their job, please call the attorneys at Jacoby & Jacoby, Esqs., for a free telephone consultation to talk about your injuries.
Types of Truck Accidents:
- Broadside Collision
- Rear End Collision
- Overrides and Underrides
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident with a large truck, please call the attorneys at JACOBY & JACOBY, ESQS. and we will do our best to answer your questions quickly and to talk with you about your legal rights and options. (888) 452-2629