Jacoby & Jacoby - Personal Injury & Accident Lawyers

Free Consultation

No Fees Unless We Recover!*

Call Toll Free: 888-452-2629

Schedule Your Consultation

Uninsured Motorist Accident Law Firm

Long Island Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Attorneys

Free, No Obligation Consultation — No Fees Unless We Recover!

If you cannot make it into our office due to your injuries, work schedule or other reasons, don’t worry – we’ll come to you!

Our team of attorneys at Jacoby & Jacoby is well-versed in uninsured motorist cases. If you were involved in an accident with a motor vehicle that fled the scene or was uninsured, contact our team about your options during a free consultation.
New York insurance law requires drivers to carry uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage on their insurance policies. The minimum state required coverage limits of 25/50 provide additional protection to drivers who are involved in auto accidents if they are involved in an accident with a driver that has no insurance.

Uninsured Motorist (UM) coverage:

Allows drivers to receive compensation through their own insurance company. This portion of the policy can be utilized when the responsible party was uninsured or fled the scene if there was contact between the two vehicles. In these cases your automobile insurance policy or that of someone in your household, would step into the shoes of the uninsured vehicle and provide coverage up to the uninsured limits of your policy.

Supplementary Underinsured Motorist (SUM) coverage:

Another type of protection for the insured. If the other driver’s insurance policy limits do not cover all the insured’s expenses, the insured’s insurance carrier may cover the expenses and damages that were not covered by the other driver’s policy if their limits are higher than the minimum state requirement of 25/50. This provision of the policy serves as an offset to attempt to make the injured party whole.

Motor Vehicle Accident Indemnification Corporation (MVAIC):

If you or someone that lives in your household did not own a vehicle at the time of the accident, New York State, through the Motor Vehicle Accident Indemnification Corporation (MVAIC) would step in and provide uninsured benefits including No Fault medical benefits. There are strict requirements for these claims. The accident must be reported to the police within 24 hours of its accident and notice must be given to MVAIC within 90 days of the occurrence.

If you suffered an injury in which the other vehicle was uninsured or fled the scene, call Jacoby & Jacoby Esqs. at (888)452-2629 to schedule a free consultation with attorneys that have the knowledge and compassion to make sure you are properly protected and take the first step toward the compensation your deserve to cover their medical bills, emotional and mental suffering, pain and suffering, and other money damages that you are entitled to.

Skip to content